15 Fun Facts | Childhood Crushes, Farm Life, + Diet Gingerale
Hello, sweet friends! I Every now and then I share fun facts about myself over on Instagram (you can follow me here!), and I thought it might be fun to do a round up of some of those facts here on the blog. I would love to know if any of you share these fun facts with me, so drop a comment below if you do! <3
- After graduating from college and before becoming a wedding photographer, I worked in marketing communications for a biotech company. I got to help name products, and one of my names actually got chosen for a stem-cell spinal implant. #winning
- From 8th-12th grade, I lived in a little town called Malabar, FL on a tiny farm filled with chickens, ducks, goats and sheep.
- My favorite Disney movie is Robin Hood, and I may or may not have had a childhood crush on an animated fox.
- I was the Yearbook Editor my senior year of high school.
- Up until recently I had a major Diet Gingerale addiction (random, I know), but I've officially kicked it and all sugar substitutes too! 💪🏻
- I rarely chew gum, but if I do, I will always chew two pieces at once.
- Claymation really freaks me out.
- I was an English major in college, because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, but I knew I loved to read and write.
- On a related note, I won the state spelling bee in 6th grade.
- My real name is Anwen, but I've always gone by the nickname Wendy. Anwen is Welsh, and it was the compromise my parents made when my dad wanted to name me Arwen (after the elf in Lord of the Rings), but my mom wasn't feeling it.
- I lose hubcaps so often from scraping curbs that I actually keep spares in my apartment.
- I totally buy into most conspiracy theories and UFO stories (bring Ancient Aliens back to Netflix, pretty please? 🙏🏻).
- I grew up in both Gainesville and Melbourne, Florida (yes, people really grow up in Florida!), and I went to college at the University of Florida. Go Gators! (Don't worry--we can still be friends if you are a Georgia Bulldog. :P)
- I've been to 13 countries and I'm always scheming how to get the next stamp in my passport.
- I've been at least seven Hanson concerts (I've actually lost count at this point).