Why My Clients Love First Looks
Still not sure if you want to do a First Look on your wedding day? There’s no right or wrong way to do it of course, but in case you are on the fence, here are a few reasons my couples LOVE doing First Looks...
1. It's a sweet, private moment you can share just between the two of you. When you’re walking down the aisle, you’re trying to take everything in at once - all your friends + family, the ceremony setup, and seeing the love of your life for the first time. That’s a lot, and it goes by in a blur. But doing a First Look lets you remove all the distractions and focus only on each other.
2. You actually get to spend more time together on your wedding day! When you see each other before the ceremony, you get allll that extra time together that you would otherwise be spending apart.
3. Both brides and grooms have told me that seeing each other before the ceremony doesn’t actually take away the specialness of the moment when you walk down the aisle. The aisle moment becomes a second, extra-magical time for you both, and this is the moment you get to share with all of your guests. The butterflies and excitement will still be there, because this is when you get to become husband and wife!
4. Doing a First Look allows for more time to take pictures. Rather than trying to do ALL your photos right after the ceremony (bride + groom, wedding party and family - it’s a lot!), you can either finish all photos before the ceremony, or split them up with some before and some after. It gives you much more flexibility to tailor the timeline for your day.
5. It also means you get to attend more (or all!) of your cocktail hour! Receptions always fly by in a happy blur of laughter and dancing, so by doing a First Look, you will have that extra cocktail hour time to spend hugging all of your friends and family. ❤️